Everyone’s First Blog is On Blogger, and After Going So Far in the Field of Blogging. They Want to Move From Blogger To WordPress But Why? Did Blogger is Not Good? Why All Move their Blogger Blog to WordPress? Don’t Worry We Explain all these Questions with Try to Give Best Tutorial About How to Transfer Blogger Blog to WordPress? So, Guys Read this Post Very Carefully if You Missed Any Important Point then Your Website SEO Will Affect.
Anyone Who thinks About to Create a Blog? Then their First Choice is Blogger. They didn’t have Experience and Knowledge regarding Blogging, and they can’t take any Risk With their Hard-Earned. They thought about to Start a Blog Without Investment, and the Only Platform is Blogger. In Which Those Had Gamil Account can Create their Blog With any Investment. So, their First Choice is Blogger and Try to Gain some Experience and Knowledge then think About to Invest. Blogger is the Platform, Where Anyone can Create their Blog Within Just Simple Clicks Free of Cost.
Also, Lots of Benefits of Using Blogger with Some Disadvantage.
First Go With Advantages
Blogger is the Platform Which is Run by Google, “The World’s Biggest Company” So, Their Products are Good and Valuable. Yes, Blogger is Awesome as We Know that Website Need Hosting to Host Data and Domain Name to Access the Website and Blogger Provide Unlimited Space in Hosting With Free Domain Name with Extension .blogspot.com and it Can beer Huge Traffic. While Paid Hosting Has a limit to beer Traffic, but, Blogger has also disadvantages Such as It doesn’t give us Full Access, When Google Decide to Close Blogger Your Blog Will be Deleted Without Your Permission, Not too Much Customization allowed and In the Term of SEO No Option to Use Plugins as WordPress Provides Such as Yoast SEO. If You Want to Know Which One is Better Blogger or WordPress in Details You Can Read this Article WordPress Vs. Blogger.
Now you Decided to Move From Blogger to WordPress, don’t Overthink do it Follow the Tutorial. In My Opinion, Your Decision is Correct if you Want to Go So Far in the Field of Blogging. And, Also Want to Earn Money From Your Blog then Self-Hosted WordPress is Best For You. But
- Self-Hosted WordPress Gives You Full Access To Your Blog. You Can Do anything Which You want to do with Your Self-hosted WordPress Blog.
- Everything is Your’s Domain Name, Blog, and the Entire Content of Your Blog. No One Can Delete anything From Your Blog Except You Do.
- It Allows Full Customization to Your Blog; You Can Redesign and Rearrange to Look Better and Better to attract Your Audience.
- Almost More Lakhs of Free and Premium Themes and Plugins are available for WordPress. You Can Select any Theme Which You Want for Your Blog.
Above are Some Points Regarding WordPress Self Hosted Blog. Now, You Want to Know How to Move From Blogger to WordPress? But You Have Already Invested Your Months or Years on Blogger Without Knowing About WordPress. Also, You Wrote Many Posts and Created Many Pages that are Already Ranked on Google, and You Didn’t Want to Lost any Post on Moving From Blogger To WordPress. So, Lets First We About What Should and Will Move On Moving.
What Will Move On Moving From Blogger To WordPress?
Before Transfer Lets We Know About What are Things Will Move? On Moving Your Complete Blogger Site Will Not Move Such as Design, Style, Widgets, theme, etc. the things that can Move are
- Post and Pages
Let’s Move From Blogger To WordPress
1. Select Best Hosting
In WordPress, We Need Separate Hosting To Host Site Data Such as Post, Pages, Theme, Plugin, and Entire Content or things that Website Need. While In Blogger, It Does Not Require any Separate Hosting.
Our Site Ranking Depends On Various Factors in Which Hosting Plays an Important Role as Loading Time of Any Site Depends On Hosting and If You Choose Wrong Hosting that has Slow Loading Time then Your Site Ranking Will Start Decreasing. This is your First and Most Important Step For Your Blog’s Future.
Hosting Can Effect on Your Ranking; You Know that Site Ranking Depends On Various Factors in Which Hosting Plays an Important Role. Loading Time of Site is the Many Factors to Increase SERP, and Hosting determines it. So Before You Buy Any Hosting, You Need to do Some Research for that Hosting Company such as Server Response Time, Customer Support, etc.
These Points are Important Because If You Face Any Problems on Your Hosting then How they response? Did They Solve Your Problems as Fast as Possible? If Your Website Will did not Open for an Hours, then it affects on Site Ranking. While Server Response Time effects on Site Loading Time, as fast as Server Response Your Site Will Load. As Visitors Will did not Wait to Get Result, they Can Go Back and Visit Another, and this Can Increase Your Site Bounce Rate.
Keep in Mind these Points I Will Mention Some Hosting Company that is Enough in My Opinion Such as Bluehost Hosting, Namecheap Hosting, etc. I Will not Force You to Buy Hosting Only From these Companies; You Do Some Research By Yourself for these Hosting then Decide to Buy. Wait! I Forget to Tell You that While Buying Hosting “Read Customer Reviews” this Will Help to Choose Hosting.
2. Link Domain With Hosting
Now I Considering that You Bought Proper Hosting For Your Blog. Let’s Go to Next Step. In Simple, We Can Say that Domain is the Name through Which Website can be Access. As You Come From Blogger Since You Already Know About Domain Name and If Your Blogger Blog is on Custome Domain then You Don’t Need to Buy Domain.
So, Here We Supposed that You had Your Custom Domain Name. For linking Custom Domain to Hosting Follow the Below Steps
- When You Bought Hosting For Your Blog, You Will got nameserver of the Hosting Company. For Example, the nameserver of Namecheap is dns1.namecheaphosting.com and dns2.namecheaphosting.com
- Now, You Need to Connect this Nameserver to the Domain. For this, First of All, Open the Website from Which You Registered Your Domain. Then Login You Account and Click On DNS Manage Option. And, You Will See an Option “Connect Custom nameserver” click on it and Paste all the nameserver you got While Buying Hosting. Or You Can Find Your Hosting Nameserver on Google By Searching Hosting Company Name. It Will take maximum 24Hrs to Connect Nameserver.
- Then, Login To Cpanel of Your Hosting and Search “Addon Domain” and add the Domain Name to Hosting.
3. Install WordPress
Now Main Process Begins From this Step; You Can Install WordPress in Two Ways Depending On Your Hosting. In Which the First One is Manual, It is Also Known as Professional Method of Installing WordPress and the Second is One-Click Installation Method Through Software.
Most of the Hosting Offers One-Click Installation but this Option You Will Not Getting On Cloud Hosting. So, I Already Covered this Topic in this Blog. You Can Read This Post How to Install WordPress Properly? Both the Methods are Explained in Expert Ways. Follow the Link and Install WordPress, then Come here to Do Next Steps.
4. Export Your Blog’s Data From Blogger
It’s Time to Export all the Data of Your Old Blog of Blogger. It is a Simple Process You Can Do this within a Minute, Click and Your all Blog’s Starts Downloading in XML Format with the name of Export Date. For example “blog-08-30-2019.xml.”
- Login Your Blogger Dashboard
- Click on Setting, Blogger Dashboard>>Settings
- Then, Click On Other, Blogger Dashboard>>Settings>>Other
- Now, You Will See “Import & back up” In Which With an Option Back up Content.
- Click On Back Up Content, it Pop-ups With an option Save to Your Computer, Click On it.
- Then, Your Blog’s Content Data Starts Downloading With the Name of Export Date.
You have Successfully Exported Your Blog’s Data on Your Computer. Now, You Need to Import it On WordPress to Move From Blogger to WordPress.
5. Import Blogger’s Data on WordPress
You Already Installed WordPress on Your Hosting, and it’s time to Import. Importing Blogger Blog’s Data is also a Simple Process, You Need to Follow the Tutorial Step-By-Step.
- Open Your WordPress Dashboard.
- You, Will, See Lots Of Option on Left Sidebar, Where there is also an Option “Tools“, Move Your Cursor on It. Then, You Will See Some Other Option in Which Click on “Import Option”.
- When You Click On “Import Option” it Will Open New Page in Which lots of Option Present with an Option to Install, you Need to Click On Install Button of Blogger Option and Wait Few Seconds to Finish the Installation Process. You Can See on the Image.
- After Installation Complete, You can See Notification and the Spot Where Install Button exist; It Changes to “Run Importer” Button.
- Click On “Run Importer” Option.
- Then, It Will Open New Page Where You Need to Upload the Blog’s Data You Downloaded From Blogger.
- Click On “Browser” and Locate the File and Click on Open.
- Now, Click on “Upload File and Import” and Few minutes to Complete the Import Process.
After the Import Process Completes, WordPress will show You Notification in Which You Need to Assign Author to the Imported posts. Let’s Know How to Assign Author
6. Assign the Author to the Imported Posts
Now, WordPress Ask You to assign Author to the Imported Posts. If You Create Only One User at the Time of WordPress Installation, then You Will See that Name during the Process of Assign Author, Select that Name and Click On Submit.
Now You Successfully Imported All the Content From Old Blogger Blogs to WordPress. You Can See all the Posts by Visiting Posts>>All Post page.
Permalinks are the Main Factor that affects in Ranking or Traffic. You do not set Your WordPress Permalinks as same as the Blogger have, then You’re all Ranking and Traffic Will be lost, and the Old Links Become Broken. So, Follow the Tutorial to Set Permalinks.
You Noticed that Blogger Permalink Contain Publish Year, Publish Date with [dot]html at the End of the Link While WordPress Doesn’t Contain Year, Date and [dot]html Normal. But, You Need to Set WordPress Permalink as Same As Blogger.
- Open Your WordPress Dashboard
- Move Your Cursor on Settings, and then You See “Permalinks” Option Click On It.
- Then, New Tab Will Open Where You See Different Types of Permalinks Option. But, No One Will Match Blogger Permalink. You See an Option to Set Custom Permalink, Copy this Code and Paste on the Box to set WordPress Permalink as Blogger.
Now, Your WordPress URL, also Known as Slug in WordPress Will be Similiar to the URL of Old Blogger Blogs. But, Sometime Slug Will does not Match to old Slug. So, you need to fix these issues. For Solving this Issues, You Need to Upload fix.php file in your Root director and then Open the File by Visiting Slug.
For Example:- fix.php is Uploaded in the root directory of Youtech[dot]ooo, then to See File We Visit youtech[dot]ooo/fix.php do same for you Blog.
Note:- After You Visit the Fix.php, Don’t Forget to Delete the File From Your Root Directory because Now nothing to do With this File.
8. Redirect Blogger’s Traffic To WordPress
You Need to Redirect all the Visitors Who Visit Your Blogger Blog to WordPress Site. For This, You Need to Do Some Steps
- Open WordPress Dashboard and click on to Install Plugin.
- Then, Search Blogger to WordPress Plugin and Click on Install to the Plugin.
- To Activate, Visit Tools>>Blogger to WordPress Redirection and Click on Start Configuration. Then It Will automatically Detect your old Blog with an Option “Get Code” Click On it and Copy all the Codes.
- Now, Open Your Blogger Dashboard and Click on Theme>>Edit Html and Clear all the Codes and Paste the Code You Copied and Click On Save Button
- Now, You Need to Redirect Also Mobile Visitor For This Click on the theme and Click on Gear Button, Bottom of the Mobile View. Then it Will Pop-up with Options Yes/No, Show Desktop Theme on Mobile Devices. You Need to Select Option No and Click on Save.
All Done, You have Successfully Move From Blogger to WordPress. Just Customization According to your Choice and If You face any Problem then Comment below, We Will Try to Solve Your Problem as Fast as Possible, or You Can Contact Us By Visiting Contact US Page. Thank You For Giving Your Valuable Time to the Blog YouTech.OOO, YouTechians.